Monday, January 3, 2011

First Update

Hello peeps,

So my brother and I launched into it at exactly 12:00am EST on 1/1/11 and started off with a solid 7 hour grind session.  I was a bit underwhelmed by the amount of tables I could get going, however; just not that many people playing at that time.  I'd guess that on average I was around the 15-17 table mark.

One thing I was forced to do a bit differently with this challenge at the onset that I believe will aid me while grinding is to actually keep my cashier open and keep an eye on it.  I agree that results aren't necessarily what's important and that making the correct decisions during play is what is striven for; however when you're trying to mass table with an extremely short bankroll it's important to know where you stand.

The first session I was having OK results, I saw my roll dip under $5 a few times which was definitely disconcerting at first.  My thought process on it was "screw it, I'm going to keep loading" mainly because it was only $10 and I knew that I could reload if I busted my roll initially.  Low and behold I went on a hot run at the end of the session to put me up around the $16.50 mark.

I got a few hours of sleep and then woke up and started up another session.  I probably shouldn't have started up this session because I was so tired but I wanted to get some volume in.  In point of fact I believe it's my first actual losing session in a very long time, so I just tell myself I was due.  My BR at the end of it was $12ish which was definitely better than it could have been.  I took the remainder of the first off and opted to get some studying in as I had already played around 140 games and definitely had a decent sample to review some spots in my newly purchased SNG Wiz.

The next morning, after 12 hours of sleep (the longest I've slept in recent memory), I decided to focus on the 360s.  I had changed a few strategic points of my approach towards these SNGs as they are very different than the 45s I was playing.  I made a point to not count my tables and not pay attention to any results, I literally just made sure that I regged every single 360 for over an hour (upon review I discovered I had up to around 35 tables going, per HEM).  I thought it was going to be a losing session until I ended up getting 3rd in 2 of my final games, cashing for $4.00 in each.  This brought me up to the $16.01 that I'm at now.

I was hoping to get a large session in tonight after work but a few things came up that prevented me, so I opted to take the opportunity to update my blog instead.  Additionally I'm going to get some more studying in so that I can hit the tables hard tomorrow.

BR $16.01.

No comments:

Post a Comment