Sunday, January 30, 2011

Quick Update

I wanted to give a quick update as the end of January is quickly drawing near.  I haven't put in a solid session at Pokerstars in the last 2 weeks due to a few reasons.  The week following my last big session I had family come in town which left little time to put in a solid session, the following week after that I got really busy with work (which will likely continue this next week) which prevented me from getting any solid sessions in.

One thing I have been doing lately is playing HUSNGs as they are much more convenient for my semi-chaotic schedule.  It's easy to get a few games in here and there between doing things around my apartment; basically makes the grind a bit more manageable instead of having to set aside larger blocks of time to multitable.

I had originally started the year with only about $3 or so in my FT account, I ran this up pretty quickly but then hit a downswing that kind of wiped it out.  Well, I hit a downswing and then decided to redeposit a much larger amount if I actually bottomed out, so I moved up to the $2.15 games to reduce the rake %; naturally downswing continued and I ended up with $0.25 in the account.

I deposited $100, originally with the intent of using $50 of it on a volume prop bet but now I'm thinking that I will not do that as I don't want to set myself up for failure immediately.  Instead I will use this and keep grinding the $2.15 games up to around $150 where I will move up to the $5 games.

The overall game plan will be to build my roll up on full tilt until I'm comfortably rolled for the $11 pokerstars games, at which point I will transfer part of my roll over and begin grinding the $6-$11 turbos.  I have been playing a few of the $2.20s but would rather stick to the turbo format for now, and I've been running bad on PS so that motivation helps me :).

As an update on the challenge with my brother, we've had some set backs as he had to move and no longer has internet access.  He's anticipating a move out to Phoenix with me in a few months at which point he will resume the grind.  This will make the $50K challenge quite difficult, but if I can get myself in gear with these HUSNGs we might be in decent shape for a late year push.

To end, here's a graph of my Full Tilt HUSNGs for 2011 thus far, hoping to get in way more volume this week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment