Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Evolution of a HU Grinder

I definitely feel confident that Heads Up Poker is my game.  I played another (short) session of 45 mans last night and was bored out of my mind.  Push botting 12 tables at a time is not mentally stimulating in the slightest so I'm pretty confident that I am done with it (though I will state that the micro MTTs on pokerstars are a great way to deposit practically no money and run it up to a roll sizeable enough to at least be grinding something reasonable).

Going forward I will be playing HUSNGs almost exclusively until I have a sufficient roll to start experimenting with some cash games.  My initial thoughts is something along the lines of grinding a $5K roll and start playing around with some $100HUNL games, but we'll see what happens.

This entry has been short, but below is a graph for my current month's HUSNG results.  I've been breakeven on Pokerstars $2.20s (50% win - so down in rake) but I have been doing well in FT's turbos.  For now I'll keep grinding both (pokerstars when I have a bit more time as the games are considerably longer, and Full Tilt when I'm a bit more time crunched and just want to get some games in).  If I go bust on Stars (which is certainly a possibility) I will likely not re-deposit and just focus on Full Tilt.

In any case.... graph:

April 2011 - HUSNG

No comments:

Post a Comment