Sunday, December 5, 2010

Update

December has been going pretty well thus far, no real complaints aside from my volume.  Still been grinding the $0.25/45s on Stars and grinding $1.10 HU turbos on FTP on occasion (I've run $0.90 to ~$8.00 after rakeback from playing limit holdem and HUSNG).

Overall
I've been experimenting adding tables to play more and more.  I've had two sessions running 30+ tables and both started out pretty horrible.  I ended up finishing the first down only 2-3 BI's after 70 games, and the second I finished with about the same in profits after placing top 3 in 4 of my last tournies (1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd).  Mid-session I tend to get a sense that things aren't going my way and stop reg'ing for the games (or simply because I'm short on time as I rarely have 4 hour blocks to dedicate to a session and these non-turbos don't wrap up too quickly).  I am going to try to make a point at some time this week to putting in a solid 3 hour constant reg'ing session up to 30 tables (so attempting to keep 30 tables going the whole time) and then stop reg'ing to wind down.  Dropping that many BI's at one time does slightly concern me as it can wipe out the profits I've had so far, but at the same time I want to get comfortable playing that many tables and these are the lowest stakes I can do that in :).
45s

I'm going to set a new goal now to be completed by 12/12.  That goal is going to be 500 games, screw the profits.  I haven't put too much consideration into when I will be moving up in limits, or what my exact BRM is going to be.  I'd like to move up to the $1 games as soon as I can so that I can start generating some VPPs (I know it's December, but I wouldn't mind clearing my first $10 bonus this year if I can get a lot of games in).  Additionally I am anxious to start playing the turbos as the long 45 mans is beginning to eat at me a bit.  I'm considering following Jennifear's BRM guide which would call for playing 9man STTs starting around 60 buyins.  My only hesitation there is I'm not terribly familiar with 9 mans and what kind of ROI I can expect there.  I guess there really is only 1 way to find out!

BR currently stands at $37.33

No comments:

Post a Comment